We are pleased to announce the availability of student travel grants for IEEE WiOpt 2011.
Application deadline for the student: 10 April 2011 at 23:59 EST
Reference submission deadline: 12 April 2011 at 23:59 EST
Notification: 16 April 2011
Awardee acceptance deadline: 20 April 2011
The applicant should be the first author of an accepted paper of IEEE WiOpt 2011 (main conference excluding workshops).
An application for a student travel award should consist of:
1. A letter (no more than one page) from the student, including
(a) title of the paper accepted for presentation at IEEE WiOpt 2011,
(b) a summary of research interests and accomplishments to date,
(c) a description of areas reflected in the IEEE WiOpt 2011 program that would impact the student's research,
(d) why the conference attendance is important to the student.
2. The student's resume (no more than two pages)
3. An estimate of the following costs of attending IEEE WiOpt 2011: airfare, hotel, and early student conference registration. It is anticipated that travel grants will partially cover these costs of attendance.
4. A supporting letter from the student's graduate advisor, includes
(a) confirmation that the student is a Ph.D. or M.S. candidate in good academic standing
(2) how this particular student can benefit from the conference attendance and contribute to the conference.
Applicants should upload their applications through EDAS at http://edas.info/G.php?g=225. Applicants should create a single PDF file containing items 1-3 of the application package (the student's letter, the student's resume, and an estimate of cost). EDAS will request the advisor's recommendation letter from the advisor directly. (The student will be asked to identify the advisor by the EDAS system.)